If you tend to carry more weight in your butt and thighs, you may be wondering how you can target those stubborn areas of fat and get strong, lean legs. The combination of fat burning and muscle toning is incredibly effective as a lower body workout, giving you real, visible results.
While it is impossible to target weight loss to one particular body part, there are specific exercises that you can do to firm and tone legs, which ultimately leads to a smaller, slimmer lower body. All you need to do is follow these steps and these thigh slimming exercises to get those lean legs.
Basic Leg Lifts:
- On the left side with the legs stretched and the feet flexed, bend the left elbow for the left hand to support the head.
- Bend the knee to make a 90-degree angle, and engage the outer thigh to lift the right leg, and make a 45-degree angle.
- This is the starting position for most of the exercises. Hold for a few seconds, and repeat.
Leg Lift with Knee-In:
- Start in the same position, and start raising the right leg by engaging the outer thigh, and form a 45-degree angle by lifting the leg off the ground.
- Next, bend the leg at the knee, and bring it towards the core.
- Release, raise the left leg again, lower it to the floor, without touching it, and repeat on the other side.
Pike Leg Pulses:
- From the same initial position, bring the bottom leg forward to create a 90-degree angle, and in order to align the foot and the hips.
- Stretch the leg, lift the top leg in the air, above hip levels, hold a few seconds, and lower it to the floor, without touching it.
- Repeat on the opposite side.
- Start in the same position, bring the left leg forward, and bend the knee to get a 90-degree angle, and stack the hips and shoulders, while elevating the right leg above hip-level.
- Bring the right knee towards the chest while engaging the core, and push it back.
- Repeat 10 times on both sides.
Split Leg Lifts:
- Lying on the left side, supported on the left elbow, which is aligned to the shoulder, and the palm on the ground, elevate the top leg, and grab it by the ankle.
- Engage the core and the inner thighs and lift the bottom leg. The ankles should touch in the air, hold a bit, and lower the leg.