Freckles are light brown pigmentation spots that usually result from over – exposure to the sun on your skin. Like acne, open pores and patchy skin, freckles also aren’t easy to get rid of if you don’t like them. They might be as stubborn as they can be. Freckles consist of a mass of skin cells that hold the pigment of melanin. They’re not harmful, but some people might be annoyed.
Hormonal imbalance is another reason why some people on some parts of their body may get these light brown spots. Freckles are seen on the face, arms and shoulders for the most part. Freckles are tiny brown spots that appear on the skin. Usually their appearance is due to long sun exposure but, they are most common with people that have fair skin.
TYPES OF FRECKLES
Ephelides: These freckles are flat and light brown. You can easily get rid of them by applying sunscreen or using home remedies.
Liver spots: These freckles are dark brown and are larger than the previously mentioned type. They are most common in older people.
- Overexposure to sun
As mentioned before, people with light colored eyes, fair skin, red or blonde hair are usually prone to freckles. This is because these people are more sensitive to UV rays.
The following home remedies can help you get rid of freckles.
- 1 tsp of water
- 1/2 tsp of turmeric
- 1 Aloe Vera leaf
- Add the turmeric to the water.
- Extract the gel from the aloe vera leaf and add it to the mixture.
- Apply the mixture on the face and let it sit for 20 minutes.
- Rinse with water.
- Apply moisturizer of your choice.
This home remedy is recommended for older people.
- 1 tsp of honey
- 1 tsp of lemon juice
- Mix the honey and lemon juice.
- Apply the mixture on your face and let it sit for 20 minutes.
- Wipe the mixture of your face with a cotton ball and rinse with water afterwards.
- Use it 3 times a week for best results.
APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
- 1 tsp of honey
- 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar
- Mix the apple cider vinegar with the honey.
- Apply the mixture on your face by using your fingers.
- Let it sit for 15 minutes and rinse with lukewarm water.
- Use this remedy twice a week.
- 1/2 banana
- 10 mint leaves
- Mash the banana, puree the mint leaves and mix them.
- Apply the mixture on the face and let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Rinse with water, pat dry your face, and apply a moisturizer of your choice.
- Use this remedy 4 times a week.
- A pinch of baking soda
- 2-3 drops of castor oil
- Mix the ingredients together and apply the mixture on the face by using your fingers.
- Let it sit for around 20 minutes and rinse with water.
- Use this remedy 3 times a week.
Use sunscreen to prevent the appearance of freckles.
If you have sensitive skin, they wear a hat or use an umbrella to protect your skin from the sun rays.
Include foods rich in Vitamin C in your diet like broccoli, kale, guava, and any type of citrus fruit.
Typically, Freckles develop on skin exposed to the sun. A wide-brimmed hat or long-sleeved shirt may prevent their appearance. Also help with a sunscreen with a wide spectrum. In fact, protecting your freckles from the sun can even help them fade away. When you try the home remedies listed above, be patient.
Some people on their face really like freckles. It’s a differentiation and they love to look amazed! But if you’re not one of them, then try these natural ways to reduce pigmentation and get a healthy natural glow.