I can’t think of a better combination than banana and chocolate. Chocolate and banana are known for protein, vitamins and antioxidants and their pairing with calcium rich milk in smoothie provides a healthy dose of nutrients while soothing your taste buds.
I’ll give you three reasons why you should make this smoothie:
1) it’s super simple and easy to make;
2) it’s gluten free, vegan and refined sugar free;
3) tastes like heaven.
- 3/4 cup milk (dairy or plain nondairy like coconut, rice, soy, almond)
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1-2 teaspoons raw or pure honey (or to taste)
- 3-6 ice cubes (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 large frozen banana (about 1 1/4 cups)
- Add all ingredients (milk, cocoa powder, honey, ice cubes and frozen banana) to a powerful blender or NutriBullet and blend until smooth. (Thin with more milk or thicken with more ice, if needed.)
- Serve immediately.