Cinnamon desserts are widely adored not only because they have a sweet flavor which is hard to resist but also because they evoke a feeling of nostalgia for the holiday season. Moreover, in this article, we present you with two cinnamon recipes: cinnamon sugar bars and churro cinnamon bars.
Cinnamon sugar bars
If you are a beginner cook or teaching your kids to cook, this is the perfect dessert to start with. These Cinnamon sugar bars are simple and easy to make and require only a few ingredients. However, they are still delicious and a perfect treat for the family.
The only tricky part of this recipe is patting the dough into the pan, but worry not because we have a simple solution to the problem. All you need to do is get your hands wet before you go on to patting the dough and if it starts sticking to your hands, just wash your hands again and continue with your work.
The diamond shapes are also easy to make, just use a sharp knife or a pizza cutter whatever you have at your disposal and start cutting diagonally from corner to corner and then cut straight rows across the pan. You will end up with a few leftover pieces on the corner which will make the perfect treat for both you and your children. Furthermore, if you are not a fan of the diamond shapes you can always choose to cut the dough the old-fashioned way.
The cinnamon and almonds are the final touches that give this dessert its unique taste.
Cinnamon sugar bars recipe
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 18 minutes
Additional time: 1 hour
Total time: 1 hour 23 minutes
– 1 tbs vanilla
– 1 egg
– 1 cup of butter
– 1 cup of brown sugar
– Cinnamon sugar mixture
– 1/8 tsp salt
– ½ cup sliced almonds
– 2 ¼ cups flour
– Start by putting the cream sugar and butter in a bowl and then add the egg and vanilla.
– Next, stir in the flour and salt and cover the bowl and leave it to chill for an hour.
– Finally, pat in the dough into the pan, sprinkle some cinnamon, add the almonds and put it in the oven to bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes.
– Once done, get it out of the oven and leave it to cool off a bit, then cut it into shapes.
– Remember, the dough must be chilled before you start patting it into the pan, otherwise, you will end up making a sticky mess in your kitchen.
Churro cheesecake bars
These bars are so delicious and amazing because they are actually two desserts incorporated into one. The combination of tangy cheese cream and churro is just heaven in your mouth. This perfect combination of textures and flavors is great for all types of family gatherings and parties and we assure you everyone will be asking you for the recipe.
Churro cheesecake bars recipe
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
– 1 tbs vanilla
– 1 egg
– 2 tbs ground cinnamon
– ½ cup of sugar
– 8 oz softened cream cheese
– 2 cans Pillsbury crescent dinner rolls
– ½ cup of sugar
– First, combine the needed amount of cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl and set it aside.
– Next, beat in the cream cheese until it becomes smooth and then add in the vanilla, sugar and the egg and beat again until it becomes creamy and smooth. Put this aside as well.
– Prep the pan by spraying it with non-stick spray and then take the cinnamon-sugar mixture and sprinkle half of it onto the pan.
– Take some waxed paper and sprinkle a small amount of flour onto it, then take the dough, unroll it onto the waxed paper and press the seams together. Gently lift the dough and transfer it into the pan and press the edges.
– Next, take the cream cheese mixture and spread it evenly over the dough.
– Take the second can of dough and repeat the same procedure as with the first one.
– Finally, take the other half of the cinnamon sugar and sprinkle it onto the dough.
– Put it in the oven to bake at 350 degrees for about half an hour.
How to store
These churro bars must be refrigerated because of the cream cheese in this recipe. They can last up to two or three days, but we recommend eating them the first day because the crust will not be as crunchy.