Rice is available in most countries and due to this availability it has also become a part of the beauty regimen. Rice contains minerals and vitamins B,C, and E and some essential amino acids – all of which promote overall health as well as beauty.
Rice water is a milky white solution that you get after boiling or soaking rice. It ‘s the simplest DIY beauty ingredient that anyone can use at home.
Here’s how to get some rice water – without or with boiling.
- Take 1 cup of organic rice and wash it with clean water.
- Cook the rice in an uncovered pan. Use 3 cups of water.
- Strain the water into a clean container once the rice is cooked.
- Allow the rice water to cool down. Then put it into the refrigerator and let ti stay there for a week.
Homemade rice water – no boiling
- Take 2 cup of organic rice and wash it with water. Then, add 2 cups of water in a bowl and add the 2 cups of rice in it.
- Let it sit for 15-30 minutes. Stir it and strain the water.
- Pour the rice water into a clean container and store it in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- Transfer this water into a clean container and store it in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days. Shake it well before use.
Here are the benefits of rice water for skin and hair:
- Soothes Irritated Skin
Add a few cups of rice water to your bath water. Soak your body for 15-20 minutes twice a day.
If the irritation is localized, soak a cotton ball in rice water and apply it on the affected area. Do this several times a day.
- Tames Frizzy Hair
Wash your hair with shampoo and cool water and then mix 1 part or rice water and 3 pats of bath water. Use it as final rinse. Repeat twice a week.
- Improves Hair Health
After shampooing pour rice water on your hair. Massage gently for 10 minutes and rinse with plain water. Repeat 3 times a week.