We can all agree that every once in a while we stumble upon someone who looks so fit and healthy that it makes us wonder what their secret is. Is this person drinking a magic potion or is it just genetics, however there is no such thing as quick fix that will make you healthy both on the inside and out, so there must be something else.
You may be surprised but staying healthy is not a difficult job, paying attention to just some simple things is all a woman needs to do if she wants a healthy radiant look.
6 things a woman should do daily to stay healthy
- Keep the gut healthy
A thing that healthy women are well aware of is the simple fact that various diseases begin in the gut. This is the reason why keeping the gut in good health is something women pay special attention to.
The secret to keeping your gut healthy and in good function lays in a number of things as avoiding sugary beverages and foods, consuming foods rich in probiotics (kombucha, kefir, kimchi) and taking probiotic supplements.
- Avoid excessive alcohol consumption
Alcohol may be a good way to relive you from stress or the perfect way to get the party started, but it also has its disadvantages. According to Medical News Today, excessive drinking can lead to various diseases such as:
- Gastrointestinal problems and ulcers
- Vitamin deficiencies and malnourishment
- Immune system dysfunction
Studies have shown that it is healthy for women to drink just one drink a day and it is highly recommended for this drink to be red wine because it is rich in antioxidants and is proven to be good for the hearth.
- Take extra care of their skin
Conscious that the skin is porous and absorbs everything you put on it, healthy women are very cautious about which skin-care products they use. Due to beauty products being filled with chemicals which may irritate or cause damage to the skin especially if you use them for a longer period, women do their research before buying a product.
Here are some of the harmful chemicals that you should try to avoid:
- Laureth sulfate/ sodium laurel – lung,eye and skin irritant
- Propylene glycol – skin irritant
- Artificial colors – banned in Europe
- Phthalates – endocrine disruptor
- Get enough sleep
As adults we tend to forget that a good night sleep is crucial for our general health and makes it easier to get everything done during the day. On average an adult should get at least 7 hours of sleep per night.
Research has shown that improving your poor sleeping schedule can bring various benefits as:
- Improved memory
- A greater emotional stability
- Helps maintain a healthy weight
- Reduces inflammation
- Ensures a longer life span
- Improves creativity
Moreover, for those of you who are having trouble sleeping and cannot get a good night rest, we give you some tips that will surely help:
- Exercise during the day
- Avoid eating before you go to bed
- Avoid caffeine in the evening
- Follow a sleep schedule
- Practice meditation, breathing exercises and other methods of relaxation
- Buy a good, supportive pillow and mattress
- Adjust your room temperature
- Stay hydrated
Setting regular water intake is a priority that many women have because as we all know water is a vital source of life. Moreover, drinking a proper amount of water has its own benefits such as eliminating toxins and waste, betters the performance of your muscles, preventing constipations and improving brain function.
With the studies conducted by the Institute of Medicine, researchers have established that women over the age of 19 should drink about 2.7 liters of water during the day.
However, there is big number of women who struggle with drinking enough water, so here are some tips on how to increase water intake:
- Set a reminder on your phone or download an app like Daily Water Free
- Try using a water bottle with a hydration tracker
- Flavor your water with fruit
- Stay active
The basic minimum time a person should spend being active during the day is 30 minutes. However, for many people this is not possible because of their job, so we prepared a list of tips that will help you:
- When on a break, go for a walk and avoid sitting and eating lunch
- Develop a habit of standing up and walking a bit around your office every 20 or 30 minutes
Get yourself a standing desk