Constant occurrence of pimples on your face can be a real struggle. Pimples are usually the cause of your skin getting in contact with bacteria which affects the sebaceous glands and results in swelling and infection.
Sebaceous glands are can be found all over your body with the exception of the palms and soles. These glands produce sebum, which is an oily substance responsible for oil balance of the skin and giving your skin a healthy, vibrant look. Moreover, any type of abnormality and imbalance of the sebaceous glands results in pimples.
Causes of pimples
The most common cause for pimples is a blockage of your skin’s pores by sebum or dead skin cells which further leads to inflammation and even infection.
It is well known that puberty is the period when we mostly face such problems. This is due to our bodies undergoing various significant hormonal changes and it is not uncommon for the sebaceous glands to be overactive during these teenage years. Furthermore, the extra sebum produced blocks the pores and pimples are formed.
Genetics is also a common cause and pimples are known to be hereditary and may occur not only during puberty but also through other stages of the adult life.
The best way to avoid pimple-problems is to educate yourself about the causes and symptoms of them. Moreover, due to the symptoms of both pimple and acne being similar, we can use them interchangeably.
In addition, we present you with some of the most common symptoms of both pimples and acne:
- Whiteheads, which are small white bumps that can witnessed under the skin but have no visible opening on the surface.
- Blackheads, these appear as dark spots on the skin which have an open pore at their center.
- Papules, which are red swellings with pus inside of them
Homemade remedies to treat pimples with
The following remedies will not only help you get rid of pimples, they can also be used to treat problems as blackheads, acne, underground pimples and blind pimples.
Toothpaste is the perfect way to treat your pimples because it lowers the time rate at which they heal and it successfully dries them out. It is great at fighting off bacteria and it can also be used to treat pimples in other parts of your body as your arms and legs. Moreover, it is suitable for all skin-types.
- White toothpaste
- Cotton pad
- Use the cotton pad to apply the toothpaste on the pimples before going to bed.
- Let it stay overnight and remember to avoid gel-based tooth paste and stick with white toothpaste.
- Benzoyl peroxide
Not only does this remedy clean your pores, it also good for treating bacteria which cause pimples and acne. A great number of lotions and cream used for treating pimples are made of this chemical.
- Cinnamon and honey
This mixture is really easy to prepare and widely used as a treatment for pimples and acne.
It soothes every skin-type and it has an amazing healing effect which makes it a great remedy for healing wounds and pimple- scars.
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- Mix the two listed ingredients like a paste and apply it on a freshly cleaned face.
- Keep it on overnight and witness the incredible effect the next morning.
- Frankincense oil
This essential oil is helpful at getting rid of bacteria which causes pimples and acne and efficient at relieving inflammation. Moreover, it helps the growth of new skin cells and gives the skin a fresh and healthy look.
- 2 drops of frankincense oil
- Cotton pad
- Apply the frankincense oil on the cotton pad and apply it on the needed area.
- Let it sit until the nest morning.
- Epsom salt
This is one widely used remedy due to its incredible effect of balancing the PH levels of the skin. It is a great skin cleanser and exfoliator and it also eliminates the bacteria that contributes to the forming of pimples.
However, it may cause dehydration of your skin so remember to apply a light moisturizer after using it.
- Cotton ball
- ½ cup of water
- 1 teaspoon of Epsom salt
- Mix the needed amount of water and Epsom salt until they are well combined.
- Then, soak the cotton ball into the mixture and using the cotton ball apply it on the affected skin.
- Let the water sit for a couple of minutes then rinse it off using both warm and cool water.
- Repeat this once or twice a day.
Dealing with pimples can be frustrating and difficult at times, therefore we recommend you use these simple remedies to treat such issues and in time successfully get rid of them. However, be sure to test and see if you are allergic any of the remedies before using them.