I was wondering if these Keto Pancakes actually taste like pancakes or if that’s just the name. Even though i was skeptical at first, i was surprised and impressed with the outcome. These keto low carb pancakes with almond and coconut flour are so easy, fluffy, and delicious. They are addicting!
And if you are looking for a low carb breakfast food, look no further. These gluten-free pancakes just might be the best low carb pancakes ever. And the prep time takes only a few minutes.
- 1 cup Blanched almond flour (blanched & finely ground recommended)
- 1/4 cup Coconut flour
- 2-3 tbsp Erythritol (or any sweetener of choice)
- 1 tsp Gluten-free baking powder
- 5 large Egg
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened almond milk (or any milk of choice; may need more – see instructions)
- 1/4 cup Avocado oil (or any neutral tasting oil that is liquid at room temperature)
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract (optional, but recommended)
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt (optional, but recommended)
Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl until smooth. (Batter should be the consistency of typical pancake batter. If it’s too thick, add a little more milk. Don’t add too much, or the pancakes will be too “wet”.)
Preheat an oiled pan* on the stove over medium-low to medium heat. Drop the batter onto the hot pan and form into circles. Cover and cook about 1.5-2 minutes, until bubbles start to form. Flip and cook another 1.5-2 minutes, until browned on the other side. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
And now, the most important decision left to make, what to top your keto pancakes with? Butter, nuts, berries, whipped cream, maybe some chocolate chips? So many possibilities. Enjoy!