A fuller face that has a natural glow to it and is healthy is by no means undesirable. However, there is a different between a plump face and one that is storing excess fat. People that are overweight and those who aren’t can be concerned with facial fat. Losing some weight may make the facial fat disappear, but this is not the case with everyone as some are simply predisposed to accumulating facial fat. As unlucky as that sounds, there are ways to lose the double chin and the bloated cheeks.
1. Cheekbone Roll Exercise
A popular component in face-yoga routines, this exercise targets the the fat around the cheeks. It also helps slow down the skin aging process as it promotes blood circulation to the cheeks, making them appear youthful. The skin on your face will surely tighten up if the exercise is done regularly.
- Place the index fingers slightly under the cheekbones on the depression. Your fingertips will align horizontally with the nostrils and vertically with the pupils.
- Rotate with your fingertips firmly in a clockwise motion.
- Do the exercise for 1 minute and at least twice a day.
2. Air-Puffing Exercise
This exercises targets the muscles around the cheekbones and around the lips. It tightens and elongates the facial muscles in general which makes it one of the most effective ones when it comes to eliminating facial fat.
- Turn your lips inward with your mouth closed.
- Blow air into the mouth – the areas under and over your lips will puff out. Maintain this for 10 seconds.
- Shift the air to the left cheek and hold for 10 seconds.
- Shift the air to the right cheek and hold for 10 seconds.
- Repeat the exercise 10 to 20 times and to it at least twice a day.
3. Fish-Face Exercise
This exercise helps you tone and stimulate the facial muscles by elongating and pulling them.
- Suck your cheeks firmly and pucker the lips outward.
- Maintain the position for 30 seconds, take a break to breathe out and, repeat everything again.
- Repeat 10 times and perform the exercise at least twice a day.
4. Fish-Blow Exercise
Opposite to the previous exercise, this one works the facial muscles in the other direction.
- Blow air into the mouth and push both cheeks outward.
- Hold for 30 seconds.
- Take a break and blow out your cheeks again, holding for 30 seconds.
- Repeat 10 times and do it at least twice a day.
5. Push-and-Smile Exercise
With this exercise you spread out the facial muscles and get rid of the fat fast. To prevent any wrinkles, the stretch should be gentle.
- Stretch your face around the cheekbones with the palms and smile big and wide.
- Hold for 5 seconds and release the smile while still stretching the cheeks with the palms.
- Repeat the smiling ten times, holding 5 seconds for each.
- Relax the hands and repeat the exercise 5 times.
- This exercise should be done twice a day.
6. Tongue tease exercise
This exercise spreads out and flexes the facial muscles.
- While pulling your cheeks back firmly, stick out the tongue.
- Maintain the position for 10 seconds.
- Take a small break and repeat 20 times.
You can do this one as many times as you want in a day.