I love whole fruit juices and smoothies. I also love that smoothies made with fruit don’t really need any additional or added sugar, because fruit is already so naturally sweet. And smoothies can be the ultimate way to jam pack as much nutrition as possible into one drink. It’s great for the kids, and the adults.
There really is no wrong way to make a smoothie, but I think this recipe is a great jumping off point if you haven’t done any.
And the great thing is, it’s super easy to make. All you need is a blender, a few ingredients, and 5 minutes.
Try this recipe and make a drink of a life time.
- 1 1/2 cups apple juice can also use almond milk, skim milk, coconut milk or other flavor of juice
- 1 banana sliced
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mixed berries
- 3/4 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey optional
- Optional garnish: fresh berries and mint sprigs